The art of owning space

land energiesThere is a world of difference between living in a place you call home and truly energetically owning the space of it.

I first discovered the importance of this many years ago when I was space clearing the house of a couple who had built their dream home in a beautiful location in the US, but try as they might, they and their young children did not feel at home there. They called me in to help, and there were a few feng shui issues that needed to be addressed, but it was during the space clearing ceremony I did for them that the real cause of the problem emerged.

One of the unique aspects of the ceremony I have developed is that it includes a specific technique that reveals the degree of energetic compatibility between the land energies a property is built on and the people who live in it. I learnt this during the years I lived in Bali, and it has turned out to be such an advanced technique that I have successfully taught it to only a handful of the practitioners who have trained with me. The main reason for this is that in order to operate this level of perception, many years of personal development work are required to build certain subtle body structures in the column of energy that extends below the body and above the head, and even then, not everyone can do it.

I have heard from reliable sources that there are Qigong teachers in parts of Asia today who have the ability to read land energies and diagnose compatibility, using different techniques to the ones I’ve developed but with essentially the same results. And I’m very sure the great feng shui masters of Ancient China had this skill, since they would have been able to feel the chi flows and land energies that the feng shui knowledge we know today is based on. However, there are very few modern-day feng shui practitioners with the ability to discern energies in this way, or if they do claim to do so, then it is based on hit-and-miss intuition rather than the deep levels of discernment that are essential for accurate interpretation.

As it turned out, the family I described earlier had built their home in a location where there was a good level of compatibility between them and the land energies of the place, but what became apparent was that they lacked the ability to fully land themselves there energetically. Using another technique I’ve developed, I was able to facilitate this during the space clearing ceremony, and I will never forget the moment at the end when the children arrived home and ran around the house, exploring the changes. Children feel the effects of space clearing far more than most adults, and these kids were especially receptive. They really didn’t know who I was or what I had done, but they excitedly reported to their parents, ‘It feels like home now! It feels like home now!’ They could sense the transformation. The family lived there happily for many years after that and are still in touch with me to this day.

Many people spend their lives working in a job they don’t like, and that is sad enough. But few people even consider the effect of living in a place where they feel no real affinity with the land energies. As I wrote in a previous blog related to this topic, it can hold you back more than you can possibly imagine until you move to a place that is a better for you and truly feel the difference. Everything in life works better if you can get this right.

In the days when we lived and died in the place we were born, we felt a deep resonance with the land energies of that location. But our increasingly mobile modern lifestyle, where some people move many times in the course of their life, has opened some wonderful opportunities to us that our ancestors never had and has also created a feeling of rootlessness and restlessness that no amount of feng shui can remedy.

Finding your place on earth is one thing, but as my story illustrates, it doesn’t end there. Learning how to energetically land is very important too, and there are many benefits that mastering this art can bring.

There is no “one-size-fits-all” miracle cure for these situations but there are some things that can be done, and it’s a topic I’m very much focused on at the moment in the new book I’m writing. More from me about this soon.

Copyright © Karen Kingston 2013

Related article
Finding my place on Earth

Upcoming workshop
The Feng Shui Art of Owning Space (28 July 2013, UK – scroll down to find my event)

This entry was posted in Space Clearing. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The art of owning space

1. MK says:

Wow, I have moved from Africa to Europe to be with my boyfriend, but my health and energy totally deteriorates here… Just yesterday, after being so exhausted and disillusioned with not finding an solution, struggling with debilitating health issues and feeling lost, I had this insight, that somehow, i feel so very connected to my home country and here i just cannot get any connection to the space, our flat or the big city, I even struggle finding my usual calm out in nature. Your blog was the first thing coming up this morning – making this even clearer confirming my ‘vision’. Just wish I knew how to land and connect with the energies here. Hope it will not be too long before your book is ready. Thank you for your blog and insights. MK

• lia says:

Dear MK, Please consider that there may be astrological “lines” connected with your birth chart which are not supportive for you in that particular area. You might want to consult with an astrocartographer for help with this.

2. Pingback: Newsletter: May 2013 | APDO Blog

3. Polly Horras says:

Dear Karen,
    I cannot tell you how relieved I felt after reading this. I am retired and have no idea where I want to live now or where I belong. I feel like I have no idea where I will land. But now I know it’s OK and one of these days or years I will know. I have tried to explain this to friends and family and nobody seems to understand. Thank you so much!

4. thefolia says:

Fascinating! Happy Nesting!

5. Amy Biewald says:

I wish that I could attend your workshop The Feng Shui Art of Owning Space! Is there any chance that you could make written instructions available for those of us who won’t be able to make it to the UK for the workshop?

6. Debbie says:

We moved to our home 20 years ago, and I didn’t particularly care for it. I felt for a number of years that it didn’t belong to me, nor did I belong here. However beginning about 10 years ago things changed (I started reading about and implementing Feng Shui!) and now when I arrive home I pat the walls, walk through the yard enjoying the plants and feel very grounded and feel like this is where I need to be, want to be, and belong… wonder if this is where I was supposed to be, I just got here a little too early, or if it can take awhile to develop energetic compatibility. Interestingly when I travel, I occassionally arrive at places that just feel right from the get go.

7. Merilyn Parker Armitage says:

I read Debbie’s post and felt the same about my current house and again I started to feel at home after we had had a Feng Shui practitioner advise us. It felt as though a psychic wind had gone through the place after he had been round.

Now I have to leave it and after 25 years of happy family living here, it will be hard to go, although as you know my husband died and I have felt I needed to gradually let go of the house again. I have been doing that over the last 5 years. I didn’t have an offer for many months after putting it on the market earlier this year, and did a couple of clearings using what you have trained me. The energy began to shift a bit. Since then I realised that what I had to do was to ‘unland’ myself consciously and mentally really cut the ties to the land (which I confess to loving to bits) and behold I did that and shortly after had 2 offers – one of which I have accepted.

In the meantime I had gradually had a ‘shopping list’ for where I wanted to move to. Again several years of reflecting but not knowing really where I wanted to go with no sense of ‘home’ although I did start to have an inkling. The main issue was the reactions from other people, ‘why do you want to move there?’, when in fact I had ‘known’ that I actually felt right there. Then last week I went to a house in this location, walked in and just knew that this was the one. I even knew it when we were looking at the details before I viewed. The house kind of ‘welcomed me’ and I love the aspect. I really feel landed in the place. I’ve made an offer, it’s been accepted and hopefully all will proceed well.

8. Olga Alexzanders says:

I wonder if Karen may record the workshop?
    I cannot wait!! I cannot come to Uk.. have quite a lot of Clairvision courses under my belt..would love to buy DVDs of the class…
    I am planning a big move now.. and isnt this the Truth about resonating with the land!! I wish that i had someone to help me to look at this in regard to the place i am thinking of moving to?